My first vegan recipe on the blog! And also one of my all-time lunch favourites! I cook this one all the time, because it is so very quick and easy! Feel free to change the green vegetables, and swop them for something you like more. I have made this recipe also with kale or green beans. But the verison below is the must yummy to me…
Without furhter ado: Let’s start cooking, friends!
- 5 min
- 15-20 min
FOR THE GREEN VEGGIES
- a big handfull of fresh baby spinach
- green peas (fresh or frozen)
- green asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 spring onions (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
FOR THE PASTA
- 1 can tomato & onion mix (or diced tomatoes)
- 2 cups water
- 500g chickpea pasta
FOR THE VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 handfull of cashews (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- a little bit of black pepper (optional)
- Fry the vegetables: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the asparagus, spinach, and peas. Add garlic, and salt (and optional spring onionns) and saute until the spinach starts to change colour . Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside for now.
- Cook the pasta: Add the tomato-onion-mix and the two cups of water to the pot and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and cook until it is al dente, stirring frequently to ensure the pasta cooks evenly and doesn’t stick to the pot. Stir the cooked vegetables into the sauce to warm and take the pot off the heat.
- Make the parmesan cheese: Chop the cashew nuts with a dry knife on a clean and dry chopping board until powdery. Fill in a bowl. Mix with all other ingredients- done! You can keep the vegan parmesan cheese in a sealed container for a week and use it again! I’d like to also add some fresh pepper.